Call to action for submissions to parliamentary committee
Now’s your chance to help Victoria get the modern fire services system we need, to ensure the safety of people and properties in our growing state.
The government’s proposed fire services reforms are currently being examined by a parliamentary committee.
Anyone can make a submission to this review, and it’s vital that the committee gets as many submissions as possible from residents, families, and business owners who want a modern fire service, capable of ensuring their safety.
Your submission can be as short or as detailed as you like - but you need to get it in by the deadline of Friday 7 July.
Not sure where to begin? Here’s some inspiration:
- The fire service boundaries have not significantly changed in 60 years - they have not kept pace with the enormous population growth in Victoria, particularly in outer-metro areas, like Dandenong, Springvale, and Craigieburn.
- Reform is critical to give Victoria a modern fire services system, capable of ensuring the safety of all people and properties in our growing state.
How to make your submission
Submissions can be lodged in three ways:
- Email your submission to LCSC@parliament.vic.gov.au
- Use the eSubmission form on the committee’s website: http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/fireservicesbill/inquiries/article/3790
- Post your submission to:
Assistant Clerk Committees
Department of the Legislative Council
Fire Services Bill Select Committee
Parliament House, Spring Street
EAST MELBOURNE VIC 3002
All submissions need to include:
- Your full name
- Contact details (either a postal address or phone number)
- The text of your submission or an attachment containing your submission
- A clear indication if you want your submission to be confidential